About the Artist
Finding Inspirations to Create Art
Artistic development was nurtured by my parents before 10 years old.
The sale of a portrait during my early teen years enlightened my thoughts of selling more. Several other sales and recognitions during that period followed and the encouragement became stronger.
My parents had a dream for me to complete college with a degree. Of course, my Dad (a logical, rational business man who loved me dearly) expressed his interests in something other than my passion for painting and drawing. My college years produced a Bachelor of Science degree in Visual Arts Interior Design from Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, in 1976. I finished the effort with a professional license with the State of Florida Board of Architecture and Interior Design which I still currently sustain.
These events opened the door to a long career in the local aerospace industry which enlightened me on capabilities that I did not realize I had. Confidence and maturity evolved.
Okay! So I fulfilled my parents dream. But what happened to my passion for art? Well, there is a happy ending!
Throughout my years of working in the aerospace industry, small opportunities opened for me to create and sell art.
These opportunities kept me active and my feelings alive. My art sporadically exhibited locally and at art galleries located in Florida, Georgia and New York. I recently retired from my 30-plus years in the aerospace industry and moved on to fulfill my passion for art. Portraits and animals are my favorite themes.
As my godmother, Tante Lina, would say often in her German accent, “Darling, everybody has a story.” Perhaps I like this saying because each face painted has an incredible story to tell about themselves, their family and ancestors. A face shows so many lives of generations flowing together.
There are simply no words that can express just how uniquely special this privilege is. I am forever grateful and over the moon!
Thank you so much!
Tina Powers, Cocoa Beach, Florida
Representation and Awards
Some art exhibition locations:
- Studios of Cocoa Beach (Cocoa Beach, FL)
- Allied Artists of America, Elected Member – Various exhibitions (New York, NY)
- Brevard Cultural Alliance (Maxwell King Center, Melbourne International Airport, Gray Robinson PA, Lexus of Viera, 1st Wave Financial and various Brevard County locations)
- Florida Thoroughbred Breeders and Owners Association – Gallery (Ocala, FL)
- Time Warner Cable “Focus” (Television interviews/exhibitions of artwork)
- Local private foundations (Brevard County – fund raising functions) and Lakeland Hilton Hotel (Lakeland, FL)
- Cocoa Beach Sidewalk Art Show (Space Coast Art Show, 1969-Best in Show & 2nd Place, Juniors)
- The Encyclopedia of Living Artist, Fourth Edition
- Various Charities such as Brevard Hospice at Wuestoff Hospital (Rockledge, FL)
- Juice N Jave Café (Cocoa Beach, FL)
- The Art Shop (Cocoa Beach, FL)